As Little Sisters of the Poor, we care for the elderly poor in the spirit of humble service we have received from our foundress, Saint Jeanne Jugan. We welcome the elderly as we would Jesus Christ himself and serve them with love and respect until God calls them home.
- We welcome low-income elderly (of at least 65 years of age) regardless of race or religion.
- We provide a welcoming “home-like” atmosphere.
- The best medical services are provided for all Residents by doctors, nurses, aides, therapists, and a social worker. We also minister to our Residents emotionally and spiritually, making them happy and communicating to them the tenderness and mercy of God.
- Our Residents enjoy an enriching recreation program which includes arts and crafts, music therapy and musical entertainment, outings and opportunities for socialization and intellectual stimulation. Located in the vicinity of several universities, we are the happy recipients of visits and service from our young people who quickly bond with our elderly Residents.
- We adhere to all the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, especially those concerning the sanctity of human life.
- We reject all forms of euthanasia and assisted suicide and protect our Residents from these practices, as well as from all forms of abuse and neglect.
- The compassionate care and accompaniment of the dying is the summit of our ministry. At Holy Family it is our goal that no one die alone.
- Residents have dining rooms on their units. A dedicated kitchen staff prepares home-like dishes according to the tastes of the Residents.
- We embrace the collaboration of many dedicated staff members, volunteers, and benefactors who are the extended hands and hearts of the Little Sisters.
- In the words of our foundress, Saint Jeanne Jugan, “Making the elderly happy, that is what counts!”
For more information on the philosophy of the Little Sisters of the Poor, click here.
Leave a Reply